These days you can go to a wedding and get the:
- Same food
- Same Ceremony
- Same Reception
Couples that decide to take wedding dance lessons for their first dance and reception immediately make their wedding unique. Here are some ideas for how you can incorporate your Arthur Murray dance lessons into your wedding.
- Waltz – If you are having a black tie, knight in shining armor-type wedding. This is the dance for you. Classic and the most elegant of all the dances.
- Foxtrot – Great choices in music here. Want to capture the moment with “Sinatra” or “Buble”, this simple and effective dance will move you around the floor with ease.
- Tango – Why not spice things up? After all, everyone is only expecting a “high school bear hug”. Put some excitement in your marriage from the moment you hit the dance floor.
- Rumba – Dance to the slow latin rhythms of the Rumba and you won’t even notice that there are still people in the room watching you (with their jaws dropping).
- Swing/Cha-Cha/Salsa – Keep people guessing! Give them something fast and exciting when they’re expecting something slow and drawn out.
A Step Further
- Can you say – “Second Dance”?
- Wedding Party group performance – Get them involved and you may have the next YouTube hit on your hands.
- Parents of the new couple – If they’re paying for the wedding, don’t they deserve some dance preparation love? Taking some time to learn some basics in a few dances will get them involved in the reception instead of calculating the bill.
- Mashup Routine – Want to really knock their socks off? Start your wedding dance with a slow, boring dance… and then flip it into a different gear with your take on “Thriller” or the latest song by Usher. If you can think it, we can do it.
Most importantly, planning a wedding can be a stressful activity. When couples take time out to learn to dance before their wedding it becomes a stress relieving activity. Could you say that about picking invitations or working on a seating arrangement?
So whether you want to survive or thrive on the dance floor, we’ve got a program that will suit your needs.
The Arthur Murray Wedding Program – Something unique for your wedding and your marriage!
- If you’d like to set up a free consultation lesson with one of our wedding specialists please Go to our Contact Page or Call Us today (02) 99385556